Re: Where to start C-programming open source?

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Carsten Peter Rasmussen
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den 10-03-2017 kl. 01:23 skrev Trevor Woerner:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Carsten Peter Rasmussen
>> <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any comments and advice on getting started in OS with C is greatly
>>> appreciated.

[Resending in plain text mode]

I was looking for similar resources earlier, mostly for learning
purpose, I could gather following information,

For minimal and baremetal OS development on x86,
http://www.osdever.net/bkerndev/Docs/gettingstarted.htm

For little advanced OS development which includes paging and
multitasking support (but in crude way),
https://web.archive.org/web/20160311205056/http://www.jamesmolloy.co.uk/index.html

Above has some known issues (beware and good to chase),
http://wiki.osdev.org/James_Molloy's_Known_Bugs

Xv6 (as already suggested) is rather more comprehensive with very good
documentation,
https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/6.828/2016/xv6.html

>> http://eudyptula-challenge.org/
>
> Looks interesting, is it still working? I just send a plain-text email, but
> no reply.

This is also good starting point, but requires good patience, I
dropped from 6th stage as responses were extremely slow.

I could get to below with above references (basic but functional),
https://github.com/mahavirj/tinyos

Best luck!

Thanks,
Mahavir