functional tests for atomic operations

Hi, earlier me experienced problems by using atomic operations on GNU/Linux. Are there functional tests out there me could run? The root case is uncertain because there were known issues like unsigned long overflow and concurrent read access.

I'm developing a music sequencer and dealing often with threads. For now me did a work-around using mutices. But me intend to use atomic operations again because it makes more intuitive and simpler.

http://gsequencer.org is hosted on GitHub as https://github.com/weedlight/ags-devel

For the grand picture the engine is running and me adjust dial widget to modify AgsPort field by atomic operations.

At the moment me tries to bring 0.4.2 version to a successful end, marked as stable.

kind regards,
Joël