Re: the kernelnewbies wiki.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 03:28, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I don't know the details, but the openSUSE wiki just got a full
>> re-implementation.  In the new version all edits go into a draft that
>> the author can see when logged in, but not others that are not logged
>> in.
>

> So, in other words, we need some kind of "board of reviewer"? Right, Greg?

that seems a little formal.  More of a "KernelNewbies-wiki team".

For openSUSE, they just asked for volunteers to join the opensuse-wiki
team.  Team members are expected to learn the ways of wiki editing in
general, but more importantly to master how the opensuse wiki is
structured and how the templates are handled.

With that mastery they are not necessarily creating new content so
much as organizing and formatting other peoples contributions as they
feel appropriate.  Again, the rollout was just 2 weeks ago, so I don't
know how its going.

fyi: I just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc and now
know we're all motivated by mastery and self-direction, so I put my
new knowledge to work above!

Greg