Re: Slow signal delivery to server process with heavy I/O

It's the delivery that's slow.  If other threads are busy making other
I/O system calls such as 'send', 'recv', 'select' etc, the kernel
seems loathe to interrupt them for the sake of delivering a signal.
Eventually, the signal handling thread gets a turn, but I guess I was
under the false impression that a signal would be like a true
interrupt and preempt any executing user code.