Dynamic make target

hi all,

I do not know where to ask this question perhaps this mailing list is
best because it had to do with c complilation.

I would like to set up a make target dynamicly.  for example

when one issue command:  make sda1
it auto compile and install to a mount point @ /mnt/sda1

similiarly: make sda2 would compile and install to /mnt/sda2

i know that in a makefile one can accomplish this by setting up two targets, ie.

sda1:
       make all
       mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
       cp releases/* /mnt/sda1
       umount /mnt/sda1

sda2:
       make all
       mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda2
       cp releases/* /mnt/sda2
       umount /mnt/sda2

i am curious if we can simplify everything by having a make target
like this when no matches found

$param1:
       make all
       mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/$param1