Re: strange stack limit behavior when allocating more than 2GB mem on 32bit machine

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Joe wrote:
Thanks for your explanation. However as you can see, I got 2GB mem and
~10GB swap, totally 12GB.

With ulimit -s 10240(KB), I can allocate 2.5GB, I guess these are in
swap, right?
With ulimit -s unlimited, as you said, kernel reserved 1GB, stack
reserved 2GB, there are still 12-3=9GB left??

Why did malloc failed, instead of allocating this abundant swap space?