Help to edit inode content

Hi,
I am a computer science engineering student. We have started a project
to make an application to recover deleted files from an ext3
filesystem. For that we have a doubt . Can we edit the inode content?
ie the recovery will be robust if we could edit the inode contents and
give the pointer address manually or through a code. The inode is
being created in the kernel mode and is it possible to edit those
contents if the code is allowed to have the kernel mode permissions..?

Regards
Ranju..

--
http://www.ranjithkannikara.blogspot.com/