RE: Unable set the priority for a pthread through pthread_setschedparam

Glynn wrote:

> > domain       type    item     value
> > #@srinivasg  soft    rtprio   100
>
> First, as Ben says, you must uncomment the line. Second, you may also
> need to set the hard limit. You can use "ulimit -a" (or -aH) to check
> the actual limits.

Thanks Glynn.

I am able to run the programs as a normal user after setting the soft as
well as hard values in /etc/security/limits.conf values. However,
without setting the hard limit, I am not able to run the programs. So,
by setting the soft and hard values to 100, I am able to run.

domain       type    item     value
@srinivasg  	 soft    rtprio   100
@srinivasg   hard    rtprio   100

Thanks for the right information.