Re: extract the data from buffer

there are also POSIX regular expressions, bundled with the libc.
$ man regcomp or man regex (same)
this is highly portable, and already in libc. those RE are the same as sed's expressions (except shell escapes are not needed).

Jesse Ruffin a écrit :
If you really want to use Perl style regular expressions, use libpcre (www.pcre.org). It will be available in your package manager, and probably already installed. If you don't need the full functionality of a regex, look into the scanf family of functions.

Jesse Ruffin