gcc/g++ fails to compile

Every
time I try and complie with g++ it fails, even on the simplest of jobs.
"hello world" even failed to compile. I don't have the error messages
handy at the moment, but I remember them being something about improper
function calling (? maybe). I refrenced the standard that the version I
use uses (Version 4.3) and couldn't find any issues with the codeing
either. Any ideas? Is it possible that gcc/g++ itself is broken and
needs a fresh compile?

If it's necessary to have the error output I will post that as well.

Thanks

 - Phil C