Re: building libc

Darío Mariani wrote:

> http://www.itworld.com/AppDev/1006/UIR000929interposers/pfindex.html.

Yeah, this is exactly what I intend to try.  My problem is in
getaddrinfo() which has been misbehaving (for quite some time). The
glibc code was fixed by Ian Jackson in glibc 2.6.1 for ubuntu, so I
figured I'd just borrow that and stick the getaddrinfo() object-code
into a shared library which I'd preload with LD_PRELOAD.  Sounds simple,
doesn't it?

Well, building the glibc code was no big deal, but as for "just borrow
that", it's not easy.  If I build getaddrinfo.c outside the glibc build
structure, it throws about a million errors.  Option #1 is to attempt to
fix that, but with getaddrinfo.c being about 2000 lines, I'm a little
hesitant about that approach.
Option #2 (I think) is to use the object-code from the built glibc, but
when I try to use the shared library (containing just getaddrinfo.o), it
complains about unresolved symbols - e.g. __inet_ntoa.

/Per Jessen
-