Re: max heap usage of a Linux process

Actually, I have the process-pid(s) and I want to find out programmatically, what's the max heap size that had been consumed by that process at any given moment(based on user command) from another process. It seems mallinfo().uordblks will give total occupied size of memory not the max heap size consumed. Also, how do I use malloc_stats()?

--Prasanta
Dan Gary wrote:

unless parent is asking about malloc'd space, then mallinfo() or
malloc_stats() might be what they're looking for, memory profiling the
manual way, gotta love it

On 11/13/06, Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

On 11/13/06, Prasanta Sadhukhan <Prasanta.Sadhukhan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody please tell how can I obtain the max. heap usage of a Linux
> process?

theoretically 3 GB (3/4 of 4gb - which are addressable by 32 bit) on a 32bit machine on a 64bit machine 3/4 of 16exabyte.

cheers,
Markus
-

-