Re: How to write apps dependent on external libraries?

Shriramana Sharma wrote:
Often I see apps which are dependent on this .so file or that. I don't know how apps can be written that depend on libraries that are not linked into the executable. So far I have been linking all needed libraries into the executable.

A .so is a collection of what? An .a is a collection of .o-s, right? What is

A .so (Shared Object) is a "collection of code". Basically the code from all .o-s is gathered _and_ _linked_ into this file.

a .la? I am so very confused.

.la is a libtool thinggy which contains different informations about how to create/load/link a .so

I don't know what keywords to search for on Google. Which is why I ask here. If it is a detailed subject please give me keywords so I can search and find on my own.

Thanks for your help.

For more information please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/

-