replaying blktrace using fio on a different device

Does anyone know if this is possible?  I'd like to record io workload using blktrace for one device, and then use fio to replay it on a different device that's on a different machine.

My brief experiment seems to say no.  If I record it using /dev/sda, then when replaying it, /dev/sda must be there.

Basically, I'm trying to see how two different io subsystems measure up, using a real application's workload.

---
Hsiao "Shao" Su
650 287 2545 (W)