Re: Missing pictures in "btt.pdf" when building from the git repo on openSUSE 11.1

Alan D. Brunelle wrote:
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>> I've got an openSUSE 11.1 system with some of the later "factory"
>> software installed. I've downloaded "blktrace" from the Git repo with
>> "git clone". Everything seems to be building correctly, but the
>> "btt.pdf" file isn't getting the figures. The LaTeX processing is
>> generating errors. I've attached the log of the "make docs" step.
>>
>> I'm guessing that I have the wrong versions of some of the LaTeX tools.
>> Is anyone else having problems like this?
>
> Hello Ed -
>
> I'm not having any problems compiling the doc with LaTeX & DVIPDFM
> versions:
>
> $ latex --version
> pdfTeX using libpoppler 3.141592-1.40.3-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> kpathsea version 3.5.6
> Copyright 2007 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
> Kpathsea is copyright 2007 Karl Berry and Olaf Weber.
> There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
> covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX using libpoppler copyright and
> the Lesser GNU General Public License.
> For more information about these matters, see the file
> named COPYING and the pdfTeX using libpoppler source.
> Primary author of pdfTeX using libpoppler: Peter Breitenlohner
> (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
> Kpathsea written by Karl Berry, Olaf Weber, and others.
>
> Compiled with libpng 1.2.27; using libpng 1.2.27
> Compiled with zlib 1.2.3.3; using zlib 1.2.3.3
> Compiled with libpoppler version 3.00
>
> $ dvipdfm --version
>
> dvipdfm, version 0.13.2c, Copyright (C) 1998, 1999 by Mark A. Wicks
>
> What versions are you running?
>
> Regards,
> Alan
> --

Apparently there was something broken in the versions I had. They are
newer that the standard ones from the openSUSE 11.1 repository. I
dropped back to the defaults and it worked. So I'm going to try to
reproduce it and file a bug on the openSUSE package ("texlive" -- they
install the whole bundle). The clue was that it was using "pdfTeXk" and
not "pdfTeX" to convert the TeX inputs to PDFs.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P), WOM