Re: [Patch] blkiomon: repost with some fixes and improvements

On 2008-07-21 21:56, Török Edwin wrote:
> On 2008-07-21 21:45, Alan D. Brunelle wrote:
>
>> Hi Edwin -
>>
>> With the patches sent out today (kernel & application), you can then use
>> the updated script attached here. It only asks for getrq & sleeprq
>> traces - so it will cut down a lot, but most likely there will still be
>> a lot of getrq's (in particular).
>>
>> Will now have some time to look at the more general issue concerning how
>> to see the effects of the sleeprq's...

I think it would be useful to somehow "dump" the contents of both queues
when a sleep occurs, at least
the rw_flags, the pid, and the size of the operation.
Maybe that could be done somehow via blktrace on-demand? [it already has
all the relayfs communication ...]

P.S.: I tried to blktrace all queueing events and save that to the disk,
but no matter what buffer size I used,
it kept telling me it has dropped events :(
So the only way to know the contents of the queue is for the kernel to
give it to me on-demand.

Best regards,
--Edwin

> Thanks Alan.
>
> I have been using a slightly modified version of your qsg.py script, I
> want the time delta between

[snip]