Re: How does bluetoothctl work from the command line with gatt?

Hi John,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 11:56 AM John Klug <John.Klug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >You will probably need to wait for the daemon to resolve the services
> >which will then export the attributes as D-Bus objects that can be
>
> >accessed by bluetoothctl,
>
> How long would one have to wait?  The following was typed manually from the command line:
>
> >> # bluetoothctl gatt.select-attribute f000aa22-0451-4000-b000-000000000000
>
> >> # bluetoothctl gatt.acquire-write
>
> >> No attribute selected
>
> >> # bluetoothctl gatt.write 0x01
>
> >> No attribute selected
>
> I had no idea whether the above is the correct syntax or not. I merely guessed, since the procedure does not appear to be documented.

I think the problem is that you are issuing the select-attribute and
then exiting, instead you will need to enter all the commands at the
same time otherwise the next time you call bluetoothctl it doesn't
have any attribute selected.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz