Re: bug kernel 5.17, qualcom and intel adapters, unable to reliably connect to bluetooth devices

Hello,

On 24/02/2022 05:59, Chris Clayton wrote:

> On 23/02/2022 22:42, Chris Clayton wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> <snip>
>>

>>> We are starting to suspect this is not a new issue, it just become
>>> easier to reproduce with newer kernels since the mgmt commands are now
>>> handled by a different work/thread which probably takes longer to
>>> respond hitting problems such as:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/bluez/bluez/issues/275#issuecomment-1020608282
>>>
>>> This has been fixed by:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/bluez/bluez/commit/faad125c5505b941f06c54525616e192a6369208
>>> https://github.com/bluez/bluez/commit/5f378404bff6bbfea3f20e36535c494efa5066a5
>>>

>> I cloned bluez, but that FTBFS, so I applied the two patches by hand.

Sorry, the FTBFS was my error - I didn't do the autotools magic properly. More haste, less speed!

So I've now built and tested 5.17-rc5+ (v5.17-rc5-21-g23d04328444a) with bluetoothd built from a fresh clone of the
bluez git tree taken this morning (HEAD is d89af9a). I'm sorry to say that I still get the intermittent failures when
trying to connect my bluetooth devices. By intermittent I mean that if after starting the system from cold, if the first
attempt to connect fails, then subsequent attempts also fail. If, however, the first attempt succeeds, I can disconnect
and connect again as many times as I want. With a 5.16.10 kernel, connecting and disconnecting  works reliably like it
did with vanilla bluez-5.63.

Chris