Question about Trusted property

Hi Luiz/BlueZ maintainers,

What is the purpose of the Trusted property on org.bluez.Device1
interface? Does it mean whether the device is bonded? My experiment
with BlueZ shows that sometimes a device with "Trusted" property set
is not bonded (does not have pairing key stored) and also vice versa,
so I am assuming that the Trusted property means something else. What
is an example use case of the Trusted property?

Eventually, what I am trying to achieve is for BlueZ clients to find
out whether a device is Bonded or not. Using the Paired property is
not very accurate because it is set to true during connection although
the device is not bonded (pairing key does not persist after
disconnection). For this purpose, I am about to propose adding
"Bonded" property to org.bluez.Device1. Some use cases include when
there is a temporary pairing with a peer device we don't want UI to
show that the device is in the Bonded device list. What do you think
about exposing the Bonded state via D-Bus? I will do the
implementation if this idea makes sense.

Thanks!