Bluetooth Mesh: Option to retrieve RSSI value from received mesh messages

Hi all,

In my company we are building a Bluetooth Mesh application on top of the bluetooth-mesh daemon, using the DBUS interface.
We want to use the RSSI value of mesh messages received from provisioned nodes as part of evaluating the general quality of a bigger mesh network. Also, e.g. to decide which nodes should have the relay feature enabled.
The RSSI value is delivered in the LE Advertising Reports via HCI, but there seems to be no way to make the daemon pass this information further to the application.

Is there an easy way, that I have missed, to get the RSSI values for received mesh messages? If not, what are your thoughts about making the information available somehow, perhaps as part of the DBUS methods MessageReceived and DevKeyMessageReceived?

Thank you and best regards,
Isak