Re: Commit ad383c2c6 ("Bluetooth: hci_sync: Enable advertising when LL privacy is enabled") breaks my MS ArcTouch mouse

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:

> > I'm running Linus' master (as of today, 1c52283265a462a100). With this commit in
> > place I get no bluetooth ("hcitool dev" shows no adapters) and/or I can't see my
> > MS ArcTouch mouse.

> It would be great to have some logs, btmon, dmesg, etc.

That's just it- nothing shows up in any log/dmesg; unlike when a non-MS mouse is
detected and I get the notification from the HID layer.

I even did an s/{bt}_debug/{bt}_info/g over all the files in the commit, and when
that mouse is power-cycled it doesn't even make a peep in the logs- it's like it's
not even being seen (vs. several lines when I use my ordinary mouse).

What params should I use for "btmon" so I can send you the output?

> If the adapter doesn't work this might be related to firmware loading

Turns out this was a red herring; I always have the adapter.

> anymore the LL privacy feature is not
> enabled by default so I wonder if you had it enabled in userspace?

Where would I go to check that?

	-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup / Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Orange County CA