CVE-2021-43400 patch potentially introduces timeout on Chrc WriteValue

Hello,

I am maintaining a custom embedded Linux (v5.4) with BlueZ 5.50 and a
GATT application that runs on top of BlueZ DBus. We are interested in
applying the patch for CVE-2021-43400. Based on the original patch* I
have created another one for BlueZ 5.50, this produces a reproducible
timeout every time I write into a GATT characteristic (sometimes the
first write is successful, but all of the subsequent ones fail with
-110 error).

I tried 5.62 (where the patch is included already) and the same
behaviour happened.
I tried 5.61 without the patch and no problem with the WriteValue,
when I applied the original patch* it also showed the same timeout
behaviour.

So, my guess is that the original patch for CVE-2021-43400 is
triggering this timeout on the WriteValue.

If needed I can provide more information or get adicional results.

* https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/patch/?id=838c0dc7641e1c991c0f3027bf94bee4606012f8

Thanks,
Ulisses Costa.