Re: Default to HW mSBC on capable controllers ?

Hi Luiz,

>>> I forgot, if BTUSB_WIDEBAND_SPEECH does not mean capable of HW mSBC, what does it mean?
>>
>> BTUSB_WIDEBAND_SPEECH flag is just for usb bluetooth adapters. Not for
>> UART or SDIO bluetooth adapters.
>>
>> It is a hint set for some bluetooth adapters which are on kernel
>> whitelist that wideband speech support is possible for them.
>
> Actually it is meant indicate to application that BT_PKT_STATUS can be
> used which enables the implementation of PLC (Packet Loss
> Concealment), Ive been advocating to change it or just remove it
> entirely and move it to be queried with BT_PKT_STATUS.

after we fixed the bug with the SCO packet flags, we might not even need this anymore at all and just enable the error reporting unconditionally.

On a side note, I insisted on calling this WIDEBAND_SPEECH option since we should be hiding details behind a single flag and not spread multiple flags for things that need to be combined into one logical feature anyway.

Regards

Marcel