Re: LE Advertising: Command Disallowed

On 11/11/2020 21.53, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:

> You also need to ensure you are not mixing with extended advertisement
> commands, iirc if the stack does send
> BT_HCI_CMD_LE_READ_NUM_SUPPORTED_ADV_SETS it would already prevent the
> legacy version to work. Bottom line here is, either use entire stack
> or switch to user-channel with a proper stack, mixed handling won't
> cut anymore, and for the most part we should be covering all the
> advertisement features over D-Bus if we don't please let us know if
> there are still gaps.

Hi Luiz,

I am not sure what you mean about mixed handling, but I am not using bluetoothd.
As you can see the entire log, I don't see any indication of
BT_HCI_CMD_LE_READ_NUM_SUPPORTED_ADV_SETS. Could that be a default from boot
that I need to disable?

BTW, what is "user-channel with a proper stack" ?

My issue with the D-BUS API is that I could never get reliable behavior of even
basic discovering and connecting; it's not about missing features.

~ Devin