About bluetooth mesh remote provisioning

Hi all,

Our team recently come across a scenario about "remote provisioning". I'm not sure it's the right term. That's a case where the provisioner and provisionee don't communicate directly, whether due to the distance or obstacle between them.

I know that security is essential for bluetooth mesh provisioning, which might strictly limit us to pair provisioner with a device 1-to-1 closely. And some posts on the Internet states that's not part of Bluetooth Mesh spec.

But I'm still wondering if it make sense to have provisioned nodes in the network who acts as relays, so that out-of-range devices can get provisioned.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jiaquan