Re: Modifying Makefile.am to facilitate test-adv-monitor and future unit tests.

Hi Miao,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 12:44 PM Miao-chen Chou <mcchou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Luiz and Marcel,
>
> Unlike the rest of the existing unit tests in BlueZ, the logic blocks
> tested in test-adv-monitor require dependencies of not only
> src/adv_monitor.c but also all the dependency tree of
> src/adv_monitor.c. The current convention in Makefile.am is to add all
> the extra dependencies one by one. However, the maintenance cost is
> high and not suitable in the case of test-adv-monitor. Therefore, we'd
> like to propose changes in Makefile.am to make the source of
> bluetoothd as a static library and link it for bluetoothd target and
> the unit test target. It would be great if you can provide feedback on
> this idea before the implementation. Thanks in advance!

Then we should have had the code move to src/shared for unit testing,
but how exactly are you planning to do that? For testing the kernel
interface it normally done via a dedicated tester, but that again can
be done with shared library.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz