avoid speaker (br/edr) reconnect

hi all,

our device (audio source) has the capability to connect to audio
speakers (using code that is based on bluetoothctl bluez v5.47).
I understand that the first connection to the speaker is initiated
from our device,
whereas further connections are initiated by the speaker. (still
looking for documentation for that behavior, but have observed it in
hci dump).

When user removes credentials of the speaker on our device, the audio
speaker still connects to us, pair, but mediaControl connects and
disconnects immediately, so we can't open pcm device.

1. What is the recommended way for canceling the auto reconnect of a
speaker to a known device? (is the only way reset speaker? or can
source device do something?)

2. Considering we have removed credentials on the source side, why
does flow get stuck?

any help would be appreciated