Ability to manually send LMP packets using BlueZ

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to send an LMP_max_slot_req
request to a connected bluetooth device.

I'm working on a program that acts as a proxy for a bluetooth
controller. Instead of the bluetooth controller connecting to the
usual device, it connects to my laptop and then my laptop connects to
the usual device.

I am able to capture L2CAP data and forward it to the host easily.
Looking at wireshark and btmon, I'm receiving a "Max slots changed"
HCI event from the device, but I want to send the same event over to
the controller. After a lot of research, I know very little about
bluetooth so this was all knew to me, I found the LMP_max_slot_req
that I would need to send to the controller in order to forward this
behaviour.

I looked through the bluez lib folder source and wasn't able to find
anything on sending lmp packets, so I figured I'd ask here.

Thank you,
Hasan