"DisplayOnly" IO capability does not work with BR/EDR connections

Hi,

Using Bluez 5.50 on Raspbian 10

I've noticed that when using the "DisplayOnly" IO capability on a
receiving device running Bluetooth 4.1 and an initiation device with
"DisplayKeyboard" IO capability (android phone), the pairing seems to
change to a Request Confirmation and requests a yes/no confirmation on
the receiving device. This is obviously a problem when the receiving
device is only able to display and not input.

I assume that this is likely caused by the conversion of
DisplayKeyboard to DisplayYesNo on BR/EDR connections.

This appears like a bug to me but, if it isn't, is there any way to
change the conversion to KeyboardOnly instead of DisplayYesNo? Or
could someone point out where this conversion is made so I could
change it myself and build from source?

--
Thanks a lot,
James