RE: RE: Re: Mesh Key Refreshment procedure from Config client

Hi Inga,

After updating the Netkey to the local node(config client) and then to the remote node, I monitored the beaconing key used by local config client.
Please note that since, only two netkeys are at presently configured in both the nodes, therefore, the key ID's are 1 (for primary netkey at index 0), 2(For Netkey at index 1) & 3(For new NetKey at index 1).

After NetKey update, The KR phase in both sides are set to 1, but it seems, the new key id (which is 3 in this case) is still *NOT used for beaconing, by the 'Config Client node'
Config Client still keeps on beaconing with key ID 1 & 2. Sharing a bit of logs for your reference.

During NetKey Update-
mesh/cfgmod-server.c:cfg_srv_pkt() CONFIG-SRV-opcode 0x8045 size 18 idx 000
key refresh phase 1: Key ID 3

Beacon Keys after NetKey update on remote Node -
mesh/net-keys.c:snb_timeout() beacon 2 for 1 nodes, period 30, obs 2, exp 3
mesh/net-keys.c:snb_timeout() beacon 1 for 1 nodes, period 20, obs 2, exp 2

Please share your opinion to check the issue further. Thank You

>>   - Update NetKey 1 for a local node (switch to config menu)
>>
>>>  - Update Netkey to remote Node in Net index 1
>>>
>>> After updating the Netkey, I believe, config client has to either send out SNB with KeyRefreshment(KR) Flag=1 & secured with updated NetKey (i.e by subnet->net_key_upd id)
>>> or send out "Config Key Refresh Phase Set" with transition parameter, set to 2. I could not find the later provision in cfgclient menu.
>>> However, Config Client seems to be not sending out Secure Network Beacon as well. So KR procedure seems to be not progressing at my setup at present.
>>>
>>> Any hint of what could be missing will be really helpful! Thank You.
>>>

>>Best Regards,
>>Inga

BR,
-Anupam Roy