Re: avoid cross-transport key derivation

Hi Ordit,

> thanks Marcel,
> btmon file attached. (both as btmon format and txt)
> actually it looks like the BR/EDR connection is initiated by my side,
> not the mobile.
> #11 LE Connection Complete
> #85 done pairing
> #138 Create Connection (br/edr)
> #263 Disconnection Request (br/edr)
>
> ** is it possible that bluetoothd might invoke this br/edr connection?
> - I was able to reproduce this when running btgatt-server with
> bluetoothd running. meaning after pairing I saw creation of br/edr
> connection.
> - running btgatt-server without bluetoothd in background, br/edr
> connection was not observed after pairing.
> (in both cases I used btmgmt to verify controller settings are the same )
>
> ** in order to reproduce the br/edr connection after pairing, I must
> remove credentials from both mobile side and my side.
>    removing credentials from mobile side only, I can see pairing but
> no br/edr connection is created.
> thanks again!

so bluetoothd is doing a service discovery via BR/EDR and then terminated the L2CAP link used for SDP. However then the remote device / phone terminates the BR/EDR link. They LE link seems not be terminated.

Nothing looks bad here. It is a bit of extra traffic, but bluetoothd actually has to learn about the BR/EDR services somehow.

Regards

Marcel