Re: Bluez blotoothctl scan vs hcitool scan

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 6:08 AM Barry Byford <31baz66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 10:12, chris baker <chrisbkr2020@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > So my question is, is there a way to get those missing advertisements
> > through the dbus api, possibly some additional setting somewhere?
>
> Duplicates are disabled by default with the DBus API. This can be
> controlled with the DuplicateData setting:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/adapter-api.txt#n107
>
> Regards,
> Barry

My apologies, I guess I wasn't clear (long post) but, I turned
duplicate data on when using the bluetoothctl command (via the "scan"
submenu) and also used the flag, "hcitool lescan --duplicates", when
running the hcitool command. So both scans should have included any
duplicates (unless I've misunderstood something). Additionally, none
of the missing packets were duplicates (again, unless I'm
misunderstanding what "duplicates" means). each packet had a unique
sequence numbers as well as the button data field toggling.