Adding support for DuplicateData into the kernel

Hi!

I'm trying to create a bridge between BLE advertisements and the web
for sensor data logging. The BLE advertisements use manufacturer data
to transmit the sensor data. I'm running on a Raspberry Pi 3b.

I've been trying to use the Bluez dbus interface with DuplicateData,
trying both true and false, and I never seem to get duplicates back. I
dug into it via hcidump and noticed that the scan enable still has
filter duplicates set to true regardless. I can only manage to get it
set to False when using hcitool.

I believe I've tracked the issue down into the kernel here:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bluetooth/bluetooth-next.git/tree/net/bluetooth/hci_request.c#n858
where enabling duplicate filtering is hardcoded. It seems that hcitool
side steps this by talking directly to the hci device.

Could someone confirm I'm on the right track? I'd be willing to plumb
the DuplicateData value through to the kernel if someone could help me
find the call path down.

Thanks!
~Scott