Re: bluetoothd: Please don't filter UUIDs

Hello

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 7:35 PM Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right, so I assume then every application interested on battery would
> then attempt to subscribe for the battery level on the own instead of
> using org.bluez.Battery1? Either way that would be done via D-Bus but
> dealing with a characteristic seem quite a bit more expensive not to
> mention is another object the daemon has to maintain.

There is an issue with org.bluez.Battery1 currently that I wrote to
linux-bluetooth about a week ago. The quickest solution other than
leaving it to client programs would be to fix the battery plugin. As
of now, it doesn't seem to support a use case where you have battery
service, but no battery attribute. Also, HFP/HSP own battery level
indication mechanism doesn't seem to be implemented at all.

I contacted the original contributor of LE code for
org.bluez.Battery1, but he said he is no longer involved with that.