Strange SCO problem

Hello! I'm currently trying to modify pulseaudio to be able to use HFP
profile with mSBC codec on native backend, but found that, while
working de-jure, real sound is completely ruined, so I can barely hear
what is sent over SCO link. I've tried two different Intel adapters
(included in 8260 and 8265 chipset) and KillerWifi (ath10k driver), on
two different PCs with two different headsets, results are mostly the
same, the only difference is that on ath10k words are more or less
distinguishable.

I've even tested with pulse just for profile setup, and SCO is sent
via modified scotest from bluez, which sends some test sound, manually
encoded via sbcenc (with added h2, of course). I've tried also msbc
branch from bluez-alsa, same result.

I'm sure that every time socket is connected with setsockopt(fd,
SOL_BLUETOOTH, BT_VOICE, &voice, sizeof(voice));

I've also tried with this patch
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-bluetooth/msg76982.html, with no
luck.

Any ideas?