Determine ATT MTU size over DBUS

Hi,

I'm working on an application that uses the bluez D-Bus bindings to register a GATT service and characteristic, but I'm having two issues:

1. I can't figure out how to get the negotiated MTU size for reads/writes to my characteristic.

I saw that the AcquireNotify and AcquireWrite calls provide an MTU in the options dictionary, but there's no MTU provided for the WriteValue or ReadValue calls.

2. I can't figure out how to dynamically change the max MTU size to use with my service.

I saw that you could change the max MTU size by changing some #define's in the bluez source code, but I couldn't find a way to change it dynamically (like how you can change the ACL/SCO MTU sizes).

Is there something I'm missing? If not, would you all be open to a patch that adds the negotiated MTU size to the options dictionary on calls to ReadValue and WriteValue?

Or even better, I could add a new method to the GattCharacteristic1 interface that is called during MTU negotiation. It would receive the requested MTU size as an input, and the developer could choose to use that size, or return a different size to use.

Thanks,

- dk