Re: meshctl: Can't connect via Node Identity advertisement

Hi Steve,

On Sun, Dec 03, 2017, Steve Brown wrote:
> Connect via Net ID works without a problem.
>
> I'm using meshctl with zephyr's mesh_shell (upstream version)
>
> I provision the shell and turn on it's gatt-proxy. Then I exit meshctl,
> run it again and issue a "connect 0". It reconnects to the mesh without
>  a problem.
>
> If I turn off the shell's gatt-proxy, start meshctl, issue a
> "connect 0" and then issue a shell "ident". I get no connection. The
> ident command only transmits advertisements for a short period of time.
>
> The CONN_TYPE_IDENTITY path in parse_mesh_service_data() seems broken.
> The comparison of data[0] and connection.type fails. The value of
> data[0] is 1 (CONN_TYPE_IDENTITY) and the value of connection.type is
> 0.

Looking at mesh/main.c it seems to me like the connect command is
currently only desgined for connecting to Network Identity
advertisements (which is also implied by the fact that it takes a NetKey
Index as an optional parameter value).

What would be needed is some command which takes an element address
rather than a NetKey Index as input. Just thinking out loud, but maybe
"connect" should be renamed to "connect-net" and then a new
"connect-node" command could be introduced that would look for Node
Identity advertisements?

Johan