porting to bluez5

As a follow up to my question before, one of the devices that I'm testing with is a Jawbone by Jambox.  In bluez 4.101 when the device would come back into range it would re-connect and be available for use.  Currently it connects and in about 700 milliseconds btmon says the remote user terminated the connection.  Not sure why this would be.   Again, this device worked fine in bluez4.101.   btmon log for this connection is found at https://pastebin.com/bkYbNURy

Any clues?  And again, what should I use to send a ring indication to a headset device as the Alert1 interface has been deprecated?

Tom