Re: Problem with StopDiscovery() via dbus-send

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Проклов Александр Валерьевич
<ProklovAV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 15.09.2017 16:46, Luiz Augusto von Dentz пишет:
>>
>> Ive just a set of patches adressing race condition with StartDiscovery
>> and StopDiscovery, please have a try. Also it is not a good idea to
>> mix usage of D-Bus with btmgmt, they might not play well together
>> especially when it comes to discovery.
>>

> Thank you, I add "patch v2 adapter: Refactor code around discovery" to
> source bluez-5.47 and compile it.
>
> My test results:
>
> 1. btmgmt after "find" command NOT set org.bluez.Adapter1 string:Discovering
> =1 . But the Discovery process is already running, why he does not do it?
> btmgmt not use dbus for managment?

btmgmt uses the kernel management interface not D-Bus, this is why I
said it may not play well with bluetoothd.

> 2. If i send method StartDiscovery via dbus-send command, i see
> org.bluez.Adapter1 string:Discovering =1 status. But I can not stop the
> process, method StopDiscovery - has no effect.

The StopDiscovery can only stop discovery started by the client, if
you use btmgmt to start then it can only be stopped by btmgmt.

> "btmgmt stop-find" - has no effect, in therminal i see:
> hci0 type 7 discovering off
> hci0 type 7 discovering on
> hci0 type 7 discovering off
> hci0 type 7 discovering on
> hci0 type 7 discovering off
> hci0 type 7 discovering on
>
> after btmgmt power off and btmgmt power on
> org.bluez.Adapter1 string:Discovering =0
>
> I assume that the method StopDiscovery must completely terminate the process
> StartDiscovery, regardless of the way the scan was started (btmgmt,
> dbus-send, hcitool, bluetoothctl or more other).

Only if StartDiscovery was initiated by the same D-Bus
connection/process, and in case you are wondering there is proper
support for discovery in bluetoothctl which does use D-Bus to control
the discovery.

> --
> in

Luiz Augusto von Dentz