Re: what to do with brcm_patchram_plus?

Replying to myself here...

It seems to me that my system would be considered to have a "soft"
rfkill line, in that the state can be changed from userspace (effectively
turning the hardware on and off).

One approach would be to implement rfkill code that picks up the gpio
state change, and notifies userspace - at which point userspace can
push the firmware up to the device, and call hciattach to re-attach the
interface to the UART.

Is that "correct usage" ?

It seems to me that we only *really* want to power up the bluetooth
device if someone attempts to hciattach it to a UART, so perhaps a better
solution would be to modify the hci_uart code such that it will enable the
GPIO when it is attached, and push the firmware for itself.

I favour the latter approach, as it should work perfectly across sus/res and
wont leave the BT device powered if its not attached to a UART.

Thoughts?

-Ian