Re: BT led trigger

Hi Marcel, +linux-bluetooth,

On 31.5.2017 19:34, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
>> I have found your name in connection to net/bluetooth/leds.c trigger.
>> I understand that this trigger will show status of hci controller
>> and this is just working fine. I have tested it without any issue.
>> I am curious if we could use this trigger to handle also gpio signal
>> which is enabling BT. I am using ti chip where we have bt_en connected
>> to gpio.
>> I have seen that people are handling this from userspace by exporting
>> gpio and writing values there but it looks pretty bad to me.
>>
>> Have you ever tried to use bt led trigger also for handling gpio enable
>> signals? Or is there any other nice way how to handle it?
>
> that is the wrong approach. See how hci_intel.c, hci_bcm.c, hci_nokia.c and others are dealing with the GPIO pins in the background. There is no need for any user space hacks anymore.

I use TI wl1831 over uart with flow control which is using hci_ll.c.
I understand handling when you have specific driver that you need to
handle it. But if this is just over uart where from simply running
"hciattach -n /dev/ttyS1 texas"
I can detect this chip.

> Also please use linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for these kinds of questions.

Sorry about it now. Fixed now.

Also I have seen that in bluez that hciattach is deprecated tool.
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=b1eb2c4c
And there are new tools which should replace them
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=301904d6

Should I use btattach instead?

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854