Re: SENDING GATT NOTIFICATION USING DBUS

Hello,

On 25 April 2017 at 11:43, sayandasgupta12@xxxxxxxxx
<sayandasgupta12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to send GATT notification in bluez 5.43 using DBUS. But
> currently the gatt-service.c doesn't provide any details how to send
> it using DBUS. Currently
>
> static DBusMessage *chr_start_notify(DBusConnection *conn, DBusMessage
> *msg, void *user_data)
>
>     return g_dbus_create_error(msg, DBUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED, "Not Supported")
>

> is given like this as no characteristic supports notification in the
> given code. But I am trying to build a custom service which has
> notifiable characteristics. How should i handle it. What should be the
> code that i need to write inside char_start_notify to achieve it.

Have you taken a look at test/example-gatt-server?

The notifications are done with the PropertiesChanged signal on the
value of the characteristic
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/gatt-api.txt#n121
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/test/example-gatt-server#n200

And in the example are issued with: