Update the connection's parameters

Hello,

I've been working on the MIDI profile plugin for bluetoothd. This
profile requires the lowest latency and connection interval possible. In
order to do that we need to update the connection parameters. There are
two ways of doing it, first is upon connection
(HCI_LE_Create_Connection) and second is updating current connection
link (HCI_LE_Connection_Update).

The first time an LE slave (MIDI controller) device is connected to
BlueZ, the plugin should be able to set this parameters for current
connection and save these settings for persistence purposes.

As of today, bluetoothd does support the persistence mechanist, which is
triggered by a mgmt's New Connection Parameter (0x001c) command, which
in turn is triggered by L2CAP Connection Parameter Update Request or a
HCI LE Remote Connection Parameter Request (BT 4.1).

As mentioned before, this is not enough. Specially because in practice
LE slave devices don't send a any of those two requests mentioned above.

My idea is to set the connection parameter using
HCI_LE_Connection_Update if one of the host controllers, master or
slave, only supports 4.0. Then update the device info file with current
ConnectionParameters for persistence.

In case both controllers support 4.1 and above, we should use the
Connection Parameters Request Procedure (BT 4.1 Vol 6 Part B §5.1.17) in
order to negotiate what is the best parameters for the connection.

I hope this makes sense. If not, I appreciate your comments. :)

--
Felipe