Re: Android 7.0 not discovering LE services

Hi Luiz,

On Sep 16, 2016, at 8:05 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm running nRF Connect on the Android devices.  I captured (latest) bluetoothd and btmon logs for both cases:
>>
>> Android6 bluetoothd: https://paste.gnome.org/pfkliqrqw
>> Android6 btmon:        https://paste.gnome.org/pcyxvla79
>>
>> Android7 bluetoothd: https://paste.gnome.org/pk4qj6wp8
>> Android7 btmon:        https://paste.gnome.org/p5e4fgoua
>
> Both seems to be connecting over BR/EDR and only finding GAP and GATT
> primary service so I wonder if you do have anything else registered
> there?

Thanks for that clue about BR/EDR.  I tried a different Android BLE app and didnt see that problem.  In my original test which found the Android 7 problem, I was running bluez-5.37 with some of your patches from January for GDBus.  I just upgraded to 5.41 and it appears to be working in my Ubuntu test.  I have to do some testing with embedded hardware, but I think the upgrade will do the trick.

Thanks again, Wilson--