Re: Connection handler and btmgmt/bluetoothctl

Thanks for your answer Johan!

Le 13/07/2016 07:50, Johan Hedberg a écrit :
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016, Clément Jacquemin wrote:
Another question about best practice. For the moment I use "btmgmt" to
configure my daemon. However, the "bluetoothctl" binary seems to be a more
stable alternative except that i cannot find any way to do the "le on"
command as in "btmgmt".
Is there any way to activate the low energy option with bluetoothctl?

bluetoothctl talks to bluetoothd and bluetoothd already automatically
enables LE support whenever it's reported to be supported by the kernel.

Johan

I still have some questions.

First, is there any equivalent of the 'bt_gatt_server_send_notification' method from "src/shared/gatt-server.c" but with the GATT D-BUS API. I did not find anything about that.

Second, when one of my characteristic need more than 5 seconds to process the data, the client is systematically disconnect 5 seconds after requesting a read action on that characteristic. I suppose there is a timeout configuration somewhere, but where ?

Clément.