Re: BLE Hexiwear connection fail

Hi Jay,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Jay Aurabind <jay.aurabind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22 August 2016 at 16:27, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Jay, Marcel,
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi Jay,

>>> does it work on Android? If so, then enable Bluetooth HCI tracing/logging in Android and send around the /sdcard/btsnoop_hci.log file. You can read that wit btmon by yourself and compare.
>>>
>>> I would also propose you start using btmon instead of hcidump.
>>

>> The D-Bus GATT should be able to handle those, if we are able to
>> connect, but there seems to be something wrong with the specification
>> as it does seems to use UUID range reserved by the SIG instead of
>> using proper 128 bits UUIDs.
>>

> Since I do not know about much bluez stack, are you telling that some
> changes needs to be done within the bluez stack so as to connect/pair
> to such BLE devices which use  UUIDs reserved by SIG rather than
> private ones? And could you please clarify about "something wrong with
> the specification" ?

The 16 Bits UUIDs used for the custom service (0x2000-0x2040) are
reserved to be used by the SIG:

https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/assigned-numbers/16-bit-UUIDs-for-SDOs

Alternatively if you really want to use 16 Bits UUIDs:

https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/assigned-numbers/16-bit-UUIDs-for-Members

Note: this has nothing to do with the connection problem, but it is
perhaps even worst problem because you won't be able to pass Bluetooth
qualification.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz