Ignore connection parameter update?

Hi all,

I have a BLE device that requests a connection parameter update after pairing. The requested parameters significantly slow down the transfer of data from the device, which is problematic because the device doesn't stay connected for very long. With the default parameters, I can sometimes perform service discovery and enable indications on the necessary characteristics before the device disconnects. With the updated parameters it's impossible.

I'd like to try working around this problem by preventing BlueZ from using the updated connection parameters. I can see that BlueZ saves them to use the next time it connects. Is there a way to suppress this behavior so BlueZ always connects with the default parameters? Alternatively, is it feasible to use the Load Connection Parameters management command to override the saved parameters? Is there a better solution that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Tom