Re: Problem with l2pinging an iphone

Hi Arnold,

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Arnold Maderthaner
<arnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I want to use bluetooth for presence detection in my home utilizing my
> iphone bluetooth.
> I have 2 systems at the moment: 1x Intel NUC with onboard bluetooth
> and a Raspberry Pi 3.
>
> My problem is that on my NUC I always get a "Permission Denied" error
> which I don't understand vs. on my RP3 with the same iphone it just
> works.
>
> Attached I have 2 hcidumps. Could someone look at those and tell me
> what might be wrong ?

Looks like the NUC is triggering paring while RPI 3 doesn't, perhaps
at some point you had the NUC paired but you remove the link-key
locally (by removing the device) but iOS still has the link-key which
makes it trigger authentication which fails with the following error:

Reason: Remote Device Terminated Connection due to Low Resources

It could be that the iOS device is running out of slots to store the
new link-key, anyway try removing the NUC from the iPhone and see if
that helps.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz