Re: [Help] HIDP connection info error.

On 25 April 2016 at 14:01, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Jay Aurabind <jay.aurabind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to communicate to my custom HID device. I initiated a
>> connection from my laptop to my device, and I see the following in the
>> debug log:
>>
>> Can't get HIDP connection info
>>
>> I traced this to profiles/input/device.c Line 798, to function
>> ioctl_is_connected
>>

>> if (ioctl(ctl, HIDPGETCONNINFO, &ci) < 0) {
>>                 error("Can't get HIDP connection info");
>>                 close(ctl);
>>                 return false;
>> }
>>

>> Can somebody please tell me what this failure means? Obviously my
>> there is something wrong with my device (its getting an L2CAP
>> configuration error, looks like my laptop is asking for an MTU close
>> to 8k bytes). So I want to know where things are going wrong. I
>> suspect my HID descriptors/SDP records are messed up, but I would like
>> to know what part of it is wrong.
>>
>> I could not find any information relating to this ioctl either. man
>> ioctl_list doent seem to contain a number 211 (HIDPGETCONNINFO).
>> Please give some suggestions on how to debug this problem.
>
> Do you have the logs? For the HID descriptor you can check with
> something like this: http://eleccelerator.com/usbdescreqparser/  (just
> input your descriptor there to see if makes sense)
>

> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Thank you for the response Luiz! That website is quite useful!

And yes, my hid descriptor list is indeed sane, as it can parse it and
gave me a comment for each line. So it should be fine. I took a look
at my bluetoothd host logs, and I see it complaining about
missing/invalid HIDDescriptorList as well.

https://paste.gnome.org/phx8vh4x5

Output of sdptool browse --raw is at https://paste.gnome.org/pjfdrnfid#line-38

I definitely need to fix my SDP records, but is it possible to know in
detail what specific attributes its mentioning about ? For example,
one line in my log is "sdp_extract_attr: Unknown data descriptor :
0x2d terminating", how can I know when it came across that 0x2d  so
that I can go poke in my device's code to find what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,
Aurabindo J