Re: No Connected=false event on iPhone app kill.

Hi Luiz,

> On 17 Mar 2016, at 13:22, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Tonis,
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> I tried the patches and they did not seem to work unfortunately.
>>>
>>> here are the valgrind and btmon logs:
>>> patch 1: http://pastebin.com/raw/pKbLtBAw
>>> patch 2: http://pastebin.com/raw/sW68M3vK
>
> Btw, if you are seeing gatt_client_remove_all_notify_in_range in the
> trace that is probably because the version you are running is not
> patched as the first patch removes it, so something is not right with
> your setup.
>
>>> Since this is the first time for me to apply patches, maybe its good to verify my patching/building process?
>>>
>>> $ git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git
>>> $ checkout 5.37 commit
>>
>> No need to checkou 5.37, we want to check the result using the
>> upstream version so it can be added to 5.38
>>

>>> store the 2 patches in .patch files
>>>
>>> $ git apply patch1.patch
>>
>> This is correct.
>>
>>> rebuild the blueZ with:
>>>
>>> $ ./configure --enable-experimental && make
>>> $ make install && ln -svf ../libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd /usr/sbin
>>> $ install -v -dm755 /etc/bluetooth && install -v -m644 src/main.conf /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
>>>
>>> run the bluetooth again
>>> $ sudo /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -E -d
>>>
>>> verify that it still crashes and try to apply the patch2 as well (without cloning the repo again e.g keeping the patch1 changes)
>>
>> Just apply the 2 together, and take a look at HACKING how to build and
>> run from the source tree since you probably don't want to replace the
>> BlueZ that is coming with your distro.

Thanks for pointing me to the HACKING file. I think I managed to use the latest blueZ with the patches this time.

I do not observe the crash anymore and I get the connected=false signal. The only problem now is that this signal(and bluetooth disconnect on iPhone side) happens after ~15s. This is a bit slow for us and I will try to find a solution to indicate it a bit faster.

These are the g-properties-changed for my Device after killing the iPhone app.
{'UUIDs', <@as []>} : {'ServicesResolved', <false>} : {'Connected', <false>}

Thanks again, I really appreciate the quick replies from you!